Monday, December 19, 2011

Santa Hats & Mini Cinnamon Buns

Today I was busy baking for a friend's daughter's party - I love to bake but really don't need to eat all those calories.  I made several batches of the chocolate chip/Oreo/brownie recipe and had a few Oreos left over, so I made these Santa Hats.  Just stuck a stick in the Oreo and then dipped each one in melted red chocolate.  When the chocolate was dry, I used a piping tube to add icing for fur on the cap and added clear sprinkles. They were a big hit:

 

And since I was already making a mess in the kitchen, I made some mini cinnamon buns for my neighbors.
I used the idea I got off Pinterest of using crescent rolls to make the buns.  They turned out great.  One neighbor is allergic to cinnamon, so I used chocolate peanut butter instead of the cinnamon and sugar.  I added a bag of icing for them to use after they heated up the buns, hot cocoa mix and a bag of freshly made marshmallows.  The tray turned out really cute:


2 comments: