Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentine's Day Ideas

My friend Kim came over today to show me how she makes the confetti popcorn. Naturally we made it in Valentine's Day colors:
We used red melting wafers and dark chocolate melting wafers with Valentine Day colored M&Ms for a very festive look. This time I took step by step pictures, so here goes. Using Orville's Tender White popcorn, we popped several bags and spread them out on waxed paper inside cookie sheets (easier to move them out of the way as they are cooling).
We melted the wafers and spoon drizzled the red chocolate and then the dark chocolate over the popcorn. Lastly, we added the M&Ms and set the trays to the side to cool while we made melted peppermint trays and bowls (see my earlier post).

While the popcorn cooled, we made peppermint trays but in the shape of hearts. Kim left hers as a tray while I made mine into a heart shaped bowl.
When the popcorn was cooled, we bagged it up to make cute gifts. If I had made a slightly larger heart bowl with deeper sides, it would have been cute to fill it with popcorn or Valentine candy. We also made candy cane hearts, but you can find plenty of tutorials for them on Pinterest so I won't go into that here.

                                                          Have a very Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment