Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chicken Pockets


This is a great way to get rid of left overs.  I will take you through the steps I used to make chicken pockets, but keep in mind, you can add anything (clean out the fridge) and they will still be good.

I actually cooked a few chicken breasts in my crock pot as I had no left overs to use.  They cooked all day long and by the time I made dinner, they just fell apart into tiny pieces.


I used crescent rolls - I left two triangles attached, pinched the seam together and then rolled out the section of dough into a rectangle.  I cut the rectangle into two halves, ending up with a total of eight squares to work with.





Then I started piling on ingredients.  I wanted to use shredded cheese on the bottom, but found I didn't have any.  So, I used chive flavored cream cheese, then added my chicken on top and finished with a slice of ham.  If I had had any veggies, I would have put some in each pocket. 




 I folded the corners up to the middle and squeezed them all together.

When they were all finished, I placed them on a cookie sheet and baked them according to the instructions on the tube of crescent rolls.  Don't they look good enough to eat?


Enjoy with a salad, fruit or a bowl of soup.  An easy, quick lunch or dinner.  Or, if you stuff them with scrambled eggs and ham, that would be one terrific breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment