Friday, January 13, 2012

Pancake Poppers

This is a great breakfast idea - you can even make them in advance and nuke them to reheat when you need them.  However, I find that even if I store them in the fridge, I usually pop them into my mouth before I have a chance to heat them up.



I use the Express RediSetGo machine but I think if you have one of those specialty machines for making cake pops, that might work as well.


I take the easy way out and use the small packages of premixed pancake mix (adding egg and milk).  I mix it up in a measuring cup but then trasfer the batter to a squeezy bottle (Wal-Mart $.99) for easy distribution.



My favorite stuffing is the link sausage, maple flavored.  You can use any kind of meat you want, ham, crumbled bacon, crumbled sausage - just be sure to cook it before you make these.  If you use the link sausage, I find that cutting each link into 6 pieces works out the best.  That gives you 36 pieces of sausage (6 links to a sealed package) and the mix makes 36 mini pancake poppers.  If you use crumbled meat, remember that you shouldn't mix it into your batter because then it won't squirt out through that small hole when you fill the wells. 



Start by heating your machine and then spraying it with Pam or some such oil.  I put a small amount of batter into each well to anchor the meat, add the meat, then fill the well with more batter.  I then close the lid and set the timer for 5 minutes.



After 5 minutes, I turn each popper over and cook for another 5 minutes.  Below - this is right before I turned them over to finish cooking.


When the timer goes off the second time, they are ready to eat.  Spray wells for each batch as that prevents the poppers from sticking.

Serve with a small side bowl of syrup, sprinkle with powered sugar, or eat as is.  You will find they don't last long at all.

I have also made these with corn bread mix and cooked crumbled sausage.  Goes GREAT with chili or soup.  You can also use cake mix or brownie mix or muffin mix to make small snacks.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment